adjustable volume meter
This volume meter has an indicator arrow you can move.
Example of a volume scale
This volume meter is set up like a scale.
Teaching a volume meter
A teacher works with her student to learn the volume meter.
When to use:
- Use to regulate voice level.
How to Use:
- Introduce the student to the voice meter visual.
- Demonstrate and practice talking in the volume of each assigned voice level (ex. whisper, normal talking voice, playground voice, etc.).
- In the classroom or when going to a new environment, show the student the meter and remind him of the appropriate voice level for the setting.
- Use the visual to redirect the student if their voice level does not match the environment.
- Utilize a voice meter visual as a tool for management of voice levels of the entire class.